Lost, Damaged or Stolen Shipments
Damaged or Lost Shipments
Sonova Consumer Hearing and our warehouse partners take great care in packaging and shipping your orders to ensure they arrive in pristine condition. However, we understand that sometimes unforeseen circumstances can lead to items arriving damaged. If you receive a damaged item, please follow the guidelines below to resolve the issue promptly and efficiently.
Shipping Carrier Responsibility
Once an order leaves our facility, it is the responsibility of the shipping carrier to handle it with care and complete successful delivery. We will work closely with the carrier to investigate and resolve any loss or damage claims. All headphones, AMBEO soundbars, and accessories are subject to surveillance, inspection, and weight verification prior to being handed over to the carrier for delivery.
Inspection upon Delivery
Upon receiving your package, we strongly recommend that you inspect it carefully for any visible signs of damage to the packaging. If you notice any damage to the outer packaging, please make a note of it with the delivery person if possible and take clear photos for documentation, including a photo of the affixed shipping label.
Please note that for deliveries where signatures are required, a signature will indicate that the packaging and products contained within are of satisfactory condition and will release the carrier as well as Sonova Consumer Hearing of all liability for the delivery/deliveries.
When clear photos are provided by the carrier showing an undamaged delivery, we unfortunately cannot accept damage claims.
Reporting Damaged Items
To report a damaged item, please contact our Customer Support Team within 72 hours/3 days of receiving your order. You can reach us via our Contact Center, providing the following information:
- Your order number beginning with SEGE- or SEUS-
- A description of the damage
- Clear photos of the damaged item and its packaging
- Any other relevant details
Evaluation and Resolution
Our team will review your claim promptly. In some cases, we may request additional information or documentation to assess the damage and provide evidence to the carrier.
Depending on the nature of the damage and product availability, we offer the following resolution options:
Replacement: We will send you a new, undamaged item identical to the item ordered. Prior to shipping a replacement, we may require you to return the original/damaged item and may provide return postage to initiate this process.
If a replacement or return is required for a damaged item, we will provide you with instructions on how to return the damaged item. We may cover the return shipping postage costs in certain cases.
Keep the Packaging
Please retain the original packaging and damaged item until the claim is resolved. We may require these for return or inspection purposes.
Please note that our shipping policy does not cover damage caused by improper handling or use of the product after delivery.
We are committed to ensuring your satisfaction and resolving any issues promptly. If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support Team.
Lost or Misdelivered Packages
In rare cases, unforeseen circumstances may result in a package not being delivered properly. In these cases, we will work directly with the carrier to investigate and come to a resolution.
To prevent non-delivery or a return to sender, it is your responsibility to ensure submitted shipment address information is accurate and up to date prior to completing the checkout process. Sonova Consumer Hearing is not liable for errors in shipping address information.
Our requirement of a signature upon delivery is intended to ensure that your Headphones, Soundbar or Accessories are delivered to you safely and securely.
Package theft is an unfortunate risk of online shopping, but we recommend supplementing our signature requirement with other best practices to mitigate risk. We strongly recommend the following to ensure secure delivery of your goods:
- Ship your order(s) to a location you know is properly secured and/or monitored by security equipment, i.e., a doorbell camera, package locker, or staffed reception desk.
- If you expect delivery to be made to a specific location on your property or the property of the intended shipping address, update the courier’s delivery instructions accordingly.
- If you live in an apartment, university housing or other shared living space, update the courier’s delivery instructions to leave the parcel in the most secure location, or hold it for pickup at a nearby courier (FedEx, UPS) location.
- Do not waive any signature requirement appended to the tracked package containing the contents of your order – doing so will release Sennheiser Consumer Audio and the carrier (‘courier’, ‘shipper’) of any liability for your product(s) in the case that they are stolen or otherwise tampered with after a delivery scan is made.