Sennheiser Warranty Conditions
Warranty for consumers
Warranty (except USA, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil)
The original Sennheiser branded consumer hearing product (by Sonova Consumer Hearing GmbH or Sonova AG or its other affiliated companies, referred to as Sonova Consumer Hearing) you have purchased is covered by a warranty of 24 months. The warranty applies only to products purchased from the current Sennheiser Consumer Hearing range. The warranty period begins on the date of purchase of brand-new, unused products by the first end user and only applies to the original purchaser (first end user purchasing the product). Please retain your sales receipt (or your warranty certificate) as proof of purchase. Unless you submit a copy of your proof of purchase, which will be verified by your local Sonova Consumer Hearing service partner, you will be obliged to pay for any repairs that are carried out. Proof of purchase must state the date of purchase, point of purchase and name of the product.
If, within the warranty period, the product is determined to have an original defect due to improper materials or workmanship, Sonova Consumer Hearing or their service partners will, without charge for labour or parts, repair or (at the discretion of Sonova Consumer Hearing) replace the product or its defective parts. Sonova Consumer Hearing may also at its discretion provide a partial or full refund of the original purchase price in exchange for the returned product.
Sonova Consumer Hearing or its service partners may replace defective products or parts with new or refurbished products or parts. All products and parts replaced become the property of Sonova Consumer Hearing or its service partners.
The following cases are not covered by the above warranty:
- minor faults or deviations in the quality of a product which do not affect the product’s value or fitness for its intended purpose
- any accessories supplied with the product
- rechargeable or disposable batteries (these products have a shorter service life, the length of which also depends on the frequency of use)
- faults resulting from improper use (e.g. operating errors, mechanical damage, incorrect operating voltage) Proper use for the purposes of this warranty is defined as use of the product under the conditions stated in the instructions for use
- faults due to wear and tear
- any modification of products effected by the end user or a third party, unless Sonova Consumer Hearing has given its prior written consent to the nature and extent of the modification. For the avoidance of doubt, approved modifications will not void the warranty.
- faults due to force majeure
- faults of which the purchaser was already aware at the time of purchase
All warranty claims become void if the product is tampered with by unauthorised persons or repair shops. Further, this warranty is voided by removal or alteration of identification labels, serial numbers or safety labels on the product or its parts. Warranty claims can be enforced in any country throughout the world in which the statutory rights of the country concerned are not in conflict with our warranty regulations. No other warranty claims or claims over and above the rights stated in these terms and conditions will be accepted.
Consumers may be entitled to statutory rights in their own countries which are not restricted by these warranty terms and conditions, as the warranty is governed by the laws of the country in which the Sonova Consumer Hearing product was purchased by the consumer. The provisions of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods do not apply to this service.
If you wish to file a claim under the warranty, please contact your local Sonova Consumer Hearing branch.